Today our intrepid adventurers met in a tavern, formed an unlikely alliance, and went out to kill some sentient creatures.
First, they met a snake, and captured it, then went to talk to a weird hermit Halfling who likes snakes. It turns out the Halfling was being impersonated by a tiny little Faceless Stalker, but our heroes—very singleminded in their quest—opted to continue on their way and kill Goblins. The real Halfling deigned to accompany them, although he seemed awfully distracted for most of the fighting. It should also be noted that our heroes apparently saw a swamp monster of some kind outside the Halfling’s shack, although details remain unclear.
Many Goblins were slain by our protagonists, including His Mighty Girthness Chief Rendwattle Gudwad, and miscellaneous treasures were recovered, including a map of the swamp with two other locations clearly marked. (Fortunately, the mighty Goblin heroes Reta Bigbad, Chuffy Lickwound, Poog of Zarongel, and Mogmurch were out at the time—but that’s another story altogether.)
It appears that the Goblin stronghold had been attacked by skeletons not long before our intrepid adventurers arrived, and there were skeletal tracks leading south. Having gotten pretty thoroughly whupped in the process of clearing out these Goblins, however, our heroes opted to return to town, cash in the ears and head of their prey, and sell off the unique treasures they found for a pittance. That pittance then being traded for a wand of healing magic and a few pieces of equipment, they ventured once more into the swamp, or presumably they will, next time.
Adventure hooks we should pursue:
- Why was the Faceless Stalker replacing the Warden?
- What’s the deal with that pale little swamp monster thing?
- What’s up with the skeletons?
- What’s the cave marked on the map?
- What’s with the two ships marked on the map?
- What’s the deal with that rumor about ghouls in the graveyard?
- Where were the goblins getting fireworks?
- What’s the giant red bird that appears before accidents?
- Rumors say a big black dragon has been seen near Mosswood.